In addition to weekly services, the Tabernacle holds regular opportunities to help you grow in your faith.
Conversation and Spiritual Counseling
Every Thursday at 9:30am, our chaplain leads a Joys and Concerns intercessory prayer group on the Village Green (or, if it rains, in the Tabernacle). During this time, we pray for the needs of the world and our neighbors.
Afterwards, starting at 10am, she holds office hours at the Tabernacle to lend a friendly ear and provide spiritual support to anybody who needs it. If you cannot drop by her office hours, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a time to talk.
During each service, we share our prayers as we “rejoice with those who rejoice and weep with those who weep” (Romans 12:15).
We invite you to send us a prayer request for inclusion during our services in one of three ways:
- Offer your prayer during the service.
- Inside the Tabernacle, fill out a card and place it into the “Prayer Requests” box.
- Email email@example.com.
Even if you are unable to join us for worship in person, feel free to send us your prayer requests so that we may pray along with you in your joys and concerns.
- Tuesdays, 7:30am: Morning Prayer (in front of the Tabernacle). We greet the morning with scripture, silence, group reflection, and prayers of intercession and thanksgiving. Led by Rev. Dr. Bruce Epperly.
- Thursdays, 9:30am: Joys and Concerns (The Green). We pray for each other and the world. If it rains, we meet in the Tabernacle. Afterwards, chaplain Kate McKey-Dunar is available for conversation and spiritual guidance.
- Wednesday, July 12 at 8:15pm: Taizé Service (Tabernacle). A contemplative service featuring readings, music, and art inspired by the ecumenical Taizé Community in France.
- Friday, July 21 at 6pm: Children’s Talent Show with Dinner (Tabernacle). We build community by sharing our impressive, amusing, and bizarre talents. A pizza dinner will be served.
- Saturday, July 29 at 9:30pm: Starlight Service (Bluff). A simple service of praise and song beneath the stars.
- Friday, August 4 at 6pm: Dinner Church Service (Tabernacle). We pray, sing, break bread, and share a vegetarian meal around a common table.
- Monday, August 7–Thursday, July 10 at 11am: Bible Study (Tabernacle). Over the course of four days, we read a book of the Bible together and apply it to our lives.
- Tuesday, August 8 at 7pm: Board Game Night (Tabernacle). A night of games, snacks, and fellowship. We’ll play board games ranging from classic to contemporary.
- Thursday, August 17 at 7pm: Art and Spirituality Night (Tabernacle). We reflect upon how art enriches our journeys of faith. Bring a piece of art that holds special meaning for you.
- To be announced. (Originally scheduled for Tuesday, July 25 at 5pm): Stations of the Resurrection Healing Service (Tabernacle). We remember Jesus’s appearances after the Resurrection as we pray for healing of all kinds.